What We Believe
To reach everyone where they live with the message and influence of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
To equip and mobilize Christians to pray for the harvest and present the Gospel of Jesus Christ home-by-home throughout the world, making disciples in all nations.
Statement of faith
1. WE BELIEVE the Bible to be inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
2. WE BELIEVE that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. WE BELIEVE in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
4. WE BELIEVE that for the salvation of lost and sinful man regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
5. WE BELIEVE in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
6. WE BELIEVE in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: those who are saved unto the resurrection of life and those who are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
7. WE BELIEVE in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
It is God’s desire that every person on Earth be provided with access to the Gospel of Christ and be given an opportunity to become a disciple of Jesus Christ. Matthew 28:18–20; Mark 16:15; Luke 24: 45– 49; John 20: 21; Acts 1:8; Psalm 67
As a disciple of Jesus Christ we are responsible to proclaim in our words (preaching and teaching) and in our actions (loving and gracious service), the message and character of God’s saving grace to everyone everywhere. Matthew 5: 13–16; Ephesians 2:10; John 13:34–35
Unity of the Body of Christ is essential to reach a whole region and eventually the world with the message and influence of the Gospel of Christ. John 17:21; John 13:34–35; Ephesians 4:3–4
God has given us the gift of prayer to engage His presence and power in both our relationship and work with Him enabling effective evangelism and discipleship. John 14:12–14; John 15:7; John 16:23–24
Finding the Hope in France
In 2011, EHC France and a local church, Mission Chrétienne Evangelique, formed a creative partnership to present the Gospel to homes in Laevllois-Courbevoie, in the northwest section of Paris. MCE volunteers visited some 23,000 homes, either personally delivering Trouver l’Espoir (Finding the Hope) booklets or leaving them in the mailbox. When they couldn’t get into apartments, they left materials with building superintendents to distribute to residents.
Volunteers returned, leaving invitations to a café/bistro meeting. Strategically the card contained only a web address ensuring that inquirers were again introduced to the Gospel. Posters, radio promotion, and other advertising supported the outreach.
Because of the campaign, people came to the Lord. One pastor reported, “They grasped that Jesus loves them profoundly.”